All materials for up to 30 students to participate in a collaborative activity
Aligned and written to standards
Students explore types of water pollution and subsoil in a garden. By using critical thinking, communication, and collaboration to design and build a model of subsoil for a rain garden, students prepare for essential skills of the 21st century. Students work through the Engineering Design Process – to learn the value of rethinking and supporting multiple solutions.
STEM in Action® modules are the easy-to-implement PreK-5 solution for integrating science, math, literacy, and engineering skills into real-world problems. These modules focus on the Engineering Design Practice which is a critical component of NGSS, state standards, and national initiatives. The materials are teacher friendly and all come in an easy-to-store box.
STEM in Action is endorsed as Accomplished in the national STEMworks database.
- Total of 150-300 minutes of instruction time broken into 30-60 minute blocks
Helpful how-to video
- Student Activity Books (6)
- Teacher Guide with blackline masters
- Phosphate TesTabs®
- Graduated tubes with caps
- Graduated cylinders
- Soil materials: Sorbtive® Media, silt, clay soil, sand, gravel
- Pre-cut mesh squares and weed-blocking fabric
- Liquid fertilizer
- Plastic syringes and catch basins
- Measuring cups, small measuring cups, and spoons, 1 cc and 5 cc
- Droppers and hand lenses
- Food coloring, modeling clay, craft sticks, paper plates and plastic cups
* Refills available. Contact Customer Service or your Educational Consultant
|Brand||Hands-On Standards® STEM in Action|
|Area of Focus: ||Science|
|Product Type||Earth Science(Science)|