Students explore and conduct tests to identify materials based on their physical properties. By using critical thinking, communication, and collaboration to build a toy prototype, students prepare for essential skills of the 21st century. Students work through the Engineering Design Process – to learn the value of rethinking and supporting multiple solutions.
STEM in Action® modules are the easy-to-implement PreK-5 solution for integrating science, math, literacy, and engineering skills into real-world problems. These modules focus on the Engineering Design Practice which is a critical component of NGSS, state standards, and national initiatives. The materials are teacher friendly and all come in an easy-to-store box.
STEM in Action is endorsed as Accomplished in the national STEMworks database.
- Total of 150-300 minutes of instruction time broken into 30-60 minute blocks
- All materials for up to 30 students to participate in a collaborative activity
- Aligned and written to standards
Helpful how-to video
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD! SMALL PARTS. (1) Not for < 3 yrs.
- Student Activity Books (6)
- Teacher Guide with blackline masters
- Plastic test tubes with caps and brush
- Graduated cylinders, measuring cup, and 1 oz measurement cups
- Honey with squeeze top
- Corn Syrup with add-on squeeze top lid
- Waxed paper and food coloring
- Sodium Borate 4%
- Liquid starch
- Plastic bowls, cups, and spoons
- School glue, rulers, and tape measures
* Refills available. Contact Customer Service or your Educational Consultant
STEM in Action® The Great Toy Design Challenge
|Brand||Hands-On Standards® STEM in Action|
|Area of Focus: ||Science|
|Product Type||Kits & Centers (Science)|
|Item #||IN79615||Availability:|| |